FREESPEECH.FORUMOTION.COM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October 30, 2007 Democratic Debate

4 posters

Go down

October 30, 2007 Democratic Debate Empty October 30, 2007 Democratic Debate

Post  7Steven Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:16 pm

Well, last night I got to see something I've been waiting for. Obama and Edwards, in particular, busted Hillary out on her accepting more money from Big Health, Big Oil, Big Defense, Big Everything than any other candidate running for President. They also busted her out on her voting record vs. her Democratic rhetoric. Slamming her on voting to give Bush the right to declare war on Iraq but forgiving her somewhat, stating that Bush abused the wording of the legislation. Which IS true. (My thought on that is that even at that early stage of his presidency, his character and the character of those surrounding him that actually DO have brains (i.e. Dickhead Cheney) and the INCREDIBLE oil presence in the White House (Bush, Cheney, Rice, etc.) should have indicated, nay, guaranteed war with such an oil-rich country as Iraq. Therefore, it was a TREMENDOUS lapse in judgement for ALL that voted yea on that legislation. Back on topic now...) The words that came out of Hill's mouth last night regarding war with Iran were very dovish... despite her voting yea on legislation that pretty much assures war with Iran.

Yes, Hillary is now clearly pandering to her respective audiences. She speaks like a republican when appropriate and like a Dem when appropriate. But she VOTES and takes money like a republican... ALWAYS. In the war of action vs. words, action always wins. And Hillary's actions are pretty damn scary.

AND now I'm hearing commentators express the same sentiment I've been
griping about for months; "Hillary is sounding VERY republican. Hillary is just a smarter Bush. Things won't change with Hillary. Vote for Hillary to preserve the status quo..."

Something else that I took away from last night's debate was that Biden really impressed me. So did Edwards. Kucinich kind of disappointed me, but he really didn't get called on. He seemed a little desperate and weak. That bothers me MUCH as I firmly believe in several of his macro concerns: killing WTO, NAFTA. Gravel wasn't even invited. And Obama... Obama sounded like a defeated guy trying to chip away at the evil front-runner. I'll give him props for the chipping away.

Biden just LOOKS like a President. Not that that REALLY matters, but out of all the candidates, I think he just has the look AND the air and worldliness of a great President. There is no question that he is the most qualified to handle international affairs. At a time like this, when America NEEDS to mend international ties and prove its trustworthiness and ILLUSTRATE that it's not headed by a megalomaniac, Biden just may be THE guy...

Edwards, I feel, clearly showed caring last night. That's the one word I can use to sum up his presence on that stage. He wants to fix things up here at home. I'd actually consider him now...
7Steven
7Steven
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 204
Wherrr ya @? : Earth. Mostly...
Registration date : 2007-10-23

https://freespeech.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

October 30, 2007 Democratic Debate Empty Re: October 30, 2007 Democratic Debate

Post  fuft Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:58 pm

I think I spoke aloud once when I said I'd like to see Edwards/Obama.
fuft
fuft

Female
Number of posts : 142
Wherrr ya @? : tx

Back to top Go down

October 30, 2007 Democratic Debate Empty :P

Post  7Steven Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:55 pm

Well, you said you donated to Obama. He's rubbish. Sorry, hon. The one real gift he has (oration) is now showing weakness. He's been called an "also-ran" already by Chris Matthews and others that aren't righty dumbasses and I am sure he is aware of it

One thing I forgot to mention in my initial post here is what Biden was saying about 9/11 Rudy 9/11 Giuliani 9/11. I LOVED that segment! Biden said "And the irony is... Rudy Giuliani, probably the most underqualified man since George Bush to seek the Presidency is here talking about any of the people here. Rudy Guiliani. I mean, think about it. Rudy Giuliani. There's... there's only three things he mentions in a sentence: a noun and a verb and 9/11. I mean, there's nothing else. There's nothing else. And I mean this sincerely. He is genuinely not qualified to be President."

It was refreshing to hear someone of Biden's stature say that!
7Steven
7Steven
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  fuft Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:11 pm

I agree that Obama is lagging in certain characteristics to be Pres right now, that's why I say VP, Let him preside over the Senate for a while, get some perspective and take another shot in 4 to 8 years.

Peace
fuft
fuft

Female
Number of posts : 142
Wherrr ya @? : tx

Back to top Go down

October 30, 2007 Democratic Debate Empty silence of the libs

Post  jags Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:27 pm

The sad part of this, is that the more chance the candidates have of winning, the less they are going to say.
Any Dem. who gets the nomination will have the support of all the liberals, so they don't have to impress them. But they do need support from voters who fell for Dubya last time. So from day one, they have been going after the lowest common denominator vote. People who want the lesser of two evils will be the ones who decide the next election. And that really is sad.
I would love the candidates to REALLY say what they stand for, but the closer they get to that brass ring, the less likely they are to tell us.
I know a lot more about what Biden, and Kusinich stand for now than I know about Edwards, Obama and Hillary.

jags

Male
Number of posts : 3
Wherrr ya @? : ontario.

Back to top Go down

Post  ElJefeGrande Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:24 pm

That's why Hillbilly is already posturing as a borderline neo-con when it comes to foreign relations. She is already running against the republicans for some of their future votes.
ElJefeGrande
ElJefeGrande

Number of posts : 66

Back to top Go down

October 30, 2007 Democratic Debate Empty Hillbilly...

Post  7Steven Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:41 am

Damn Hillary. I don't know if she means what she says or if she's just saying whatever it takes to get elected so she can THEN work the miracles she COULD...

Really on the fence about her right now. What do you guys think? Is she for real or placating to take office?
7Steven
7Steven
Admin

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content